God Teach Me How To Love Myself
“So God created man in His own image, in the image and likeness of God He created him; male and female He created them.” (Genesis 1:27)
Now, this verse is truly an establishment of how God loves us. He went ahead and created us in his own image and likeness. How wonderful! 🙂
David says in this scripture “I will praise thee; for I am fearfully and wonderfully made: marvelous are thy works; and that my soul knoweth right well.” (Psalm 139:14). Look at the phrase “for I am fearfully and wonderfully made”.
The message bible puts it this way observe carefully…
I thank you, High God-you’re breathtaking! Body and soul, I am marvelously made! I worship in adoration – what a creation!
I believe by now you get the idea of how you’ve been fearfully and wonderfully created.
You also get to know in the order of creation Man was the last creation i.e He was created on the sixth day. This is what Genesis 1:24–31 says…
On the sixth day of creation, God created the land animals and the pinnacle of His creative work, humans. God’s handiwork was complete at the end of the sixth day (Genesis 1:24–31)
What Does The Bible Say About God Teaching You To Love Yourself
So what are the other scriptures that show God teaches us to love ourselves read them below…
1. Proverbs 19:8 ESV
Whoever gets sense loves his own soul; he who keeps understanding will discover good.
2. Song of Solomon 4:7 ESV
You are altogether beautiful, my love; there is no flaw in you.
3. Ephesians 5:29 ESV
For no one ever hated his own flesh, but nourishes and cherishes it, just as Christ does the church,
4. 1 Timothy 4:12 ESV
Let no one despise you for your youth, but set the believers an example in speech, in conduct, in love, in faith, in purity.
5. Deuteronomy 31:6 ESV
Be strong and courageous. Do not fear or be in dread of them, for it is the Lord your God who goes with you. He will not leave you or forsake you.”
6. Ephesians 2:10 ESV
For we are his workmanship, created in Christ Jesus for good works, which God prepared beforehand, that we should walk in them.
7. Mark 12:31 ESV
The second is this: ‘You shall love your neighbor as yourself.’ There is no other commandment greater than these.”
8. Isaiah 43:7 KJV
Even every one that is called by my name: for I have created him for my glory, I have formed him; yea, I have made him.
9. Psalm 103:1-2 ESV Bless the Lord, O my soul, and all that is within me, bless his holy name! Bless the Lord, O my soul, and forget not all his benefits,
10. Psalm 139:14 ESV I praise you, for I am fearfully and wonderfully made. Wonderful are your works; my soul knows it very well.
11. Proverbs 3:5-6 ESV Trust in the Lord with all your heart, and do not lean on your own understanding. In all your ways acknowledge him, and he will make straight your paths.
12. Isaiah 43:4 ESV Since you are precious and honored in my sight, and because I love you, I will give people in exchange for you, nations in exchange for your life.
13. Matthew 22:37-40 ESV And he said to him, “You shall love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind. This is the great and first commandment. And a second is like it: You shall love your neighbor as yourself. On these two commandments depend all the Law and the Prophets.”
14. Mark 12:30-31 ESV And you shall love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind and with all your strength.’ The second is this: ‘You shall love your neighbor as yourself.’ There is no other commandment greater than these.”
15. John 13:34-35 ESV A new commandment I give to you, that you love one another: just as I have loved you, you also are to love one another. By this all people will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
16. Romans 12:9-10 ESV Let love be genuine. Abhor what is evil; hold fast to what is good. Love one another with brotherly affection. Outdo one another in showing honor.
17. 1 Corinthians 16:14 ESV Let all that you do be done in love.
18. Galatians 5:13-14 ESV For you were called to freedom, brothers. Only do not use your freedom as an opportunity for the flesh, but through love serve one another. For the whole law is fulfilled in one word: “You shall love your neighbor as yourself.”
19. Ephesians 5:28-29 ESV In the same way husbands should love their wives as their own bodies. He who loves his wife loves himself. For no one ever hated his own flesh, but nourishes and cherishes it, just as Christ does the church,
20. Colossians 3:12-14 ESV Put on then, as God’s chosen ones, holy and beloved, compassionate hearts, kindness, humility, meekness, and patience, bearing with one another and, if one has a complaint against another, forgiving each other; as the Lord has forgiven you, so you also must forgive. And above all these put on love, which binds everything together in perfect harmony.
21. 1 Thessalonians 4:9-10 ESV Now concerning brotherly love you have no need for anyone to write to you, for you yourselves have been taught by God to love one another, for that indeed is what you are doing to all the brothers throughout Macedonia. But we urge you, brothers, to do this more and more,
22. 1 Timothy 4:4-5 ESV For everything created by God is good, and nothing is to be rejected if it is received with thanksgiving, for it is made holy by the word of God and prayer.
23. 1 Peter 3:8-9 ESV Finally, all of you, have unity of mind, sympathy, brotherly love, a tender heart, and a humble mind. Do not repay evil for evil or reviling for reviling, but on the contrary, bless, for to this you were called, that you may obtain a blessing.
24. Proverbs 14:30 ESV A tranquil heart gives life to the flesh, but envy makes the bones rot.
25. Proverbs 17:22 ESV A joyful heart is good medicine, but a crushed spirit dries up the bones.
26. 1 Corinthians 6:19-20 ESV Or do you not know that your body is a temple of the Holy Spirit within you, whom you have from God? You are not your own, for you were bought with a price. So glorify God in your body.
27. 2 Corinthians 7:1 ESV Since we have these promises, beloved, let us cleanse ourselves from every defilement of body and spirit, bringing holiness to completion in the fear of God.
28. James 1:19-20 ESV Know this, my beloved brothers: let every person be quick to hear, slow to speak, slow to anger; for the anger of man does not produce the righteousness of God.
Please share your thoughts with me on this subject by commenting below. God bless you!
#god teach me how to love myself.